Thursday, June 27, 2013

People Are Amazing

Most of you have seen Pinterest.  It's amazing!  What's amazing, is the creativity.   Well, that's not quite right. People have always been creative.  What's amazing about Pinterest, is that people not only create amazing things, but share openly with cyberspace.  Recipes, designs, photos, ideas, beauty....it's out there.  Plastered on the cyberscreen for anyone to say, "wow, I love that."  

So, now, because of Pinterest and the falling economy, and who knows what else, this is the generation of "repurposing."  Yep.  I declare it.  This is the decade of repurposing.  We've gone through several years of economic desperation and what has come out of it is beauty.

Yes, beauty.  People don't have money, but they have ideas and stuff, so they've taken both and mixed them up to make WOW.  Shirts made out of doilies, jewelry made of typewriters, lamp shade of wedding gowns.  New life to stuff.  Great plan.  It would be good to do the same with our lives.

So how can we take the old stuff of our lives and turn it in to beauty?  Today I was looking for some important papers, and while looking, came upon pictures.  Pictures of a life well lived.  Grandchildren and snow and hats and silliness.  Tears just flowed out.  Not as a pinning kind of thing, but a validation.  Validation that life in our little dew drop has been quite wonderful.

Well, I have nothing to say.  I, like most of you, are amazed at the creative stuff' on cyberspace.  It's amazing!  It's like I can tap into all the creative minds in the world.  It's daunting.

But, as awed as I am, I remain in my real world.  Jed is still 100% dependent, and I dream of a life that once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment